The Olive Leaf is the symbol for Peace and Harmony. It is also known for creating harmonious conditions in the body. It has many beneficial properties that can benefit health in general, as well as help to eradicate illness. First used in ancient Egypt, olive leaf has undergone extensive research and testing throughout history and is now used mostly as an extract in tablet form.
Overall, Coronary Heart Disease is very prevalent in all the continents and causes a lot of mortality and morbidity in adults often in the early forties. However, it is not a death sentence if one suffers a heart attack. Prevention and early diagnosis is very important.
Did you know that some 7 million Americans suffer from Coronary Heart Disease (CHD), the most common form of heart disease? Although medical treatments for heart disease have come a long way, controlling risk factors remains the key to preventing illness and death from CHD that is said to be the diseases of kings and the king of diseases.
Konnyaku (cone-yah-ku) hails from Japan and is a wonderfully buoyant and gelatin-like food made from a tropical potato. It is nearly 97% water and the rest of the 3% constituents are fiber and minerals. Because it has very little calories and actually expands in your stomach, it has been touted as a wonder diet food.
Chayote, commonly called vegetable pear, is a member of the gourd family and is native to Central America – an amazing addition to the green superfoods family. Various Central American cultures have been using this plant as a staple in their diet and, believe it or not, as a way to dissolve kidney stones and treat other urinary disorders.
When I screen them for Diabetes and when the test results are positive for high blood sugars, patients greet me with a plethora of emotions. As a physician, it is obvious to me that there are many myths about diabetes. I would like to dispel some common myths on Diabetes.
Summer is the season of sensual delights—long days, warm breezes, and that brilliant energy of foliage in full bloom. Jasmine tea blends fit right in with that relaxing and invigorating pace of life and are an excellent choice to quench your thirst or compliment summer’s many delightful and fresh meals.
Hawthorne (Crataegus) trees are named for their thorny hedged brush and produce a tart, red berry that has been used in folk medicine as a heart tonic since the Middle Ages. The tree, which can grow up to five feet in height, is native to the Mediterranean, but is common in Northern America, Western Asia, and Europe.
Cacao, the bean from which chocolate is made, has been said to have healing properties as well as benefits for both the heart and brain. Studies have shown that those with high blood pressure can benefit from a daily dose of dark chocolate. Cacao is also rich in antioxidants, which may help to prevent diseases like cancer.
A recent health study showed that, in the United States, the rate of people suffering heart attacks significantly increases during the months of December and January, aligning with the holiday period. The study’s directors have suggested that possible culprits for this may include breaks in diets, exercise programs and excess alcohol consumption.