“Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.”
Is Meat Good for You OR is Eating Meat Bad?
The facts supporting vegetarianism are overwhelming. Some health authorities feel that one-day humankind will wake up and will look back in horror at their own carnivorous and murderous habits. Animal eating is considered just one step below cannibalism.
Facts on eating animal flesh
- In 1961, the Journal of the American Medical Association reported that a vegetarian diet could prevent 90-97% of heart diseases. In 2010 President Bill Clinton stopped eating meat and dairy products to protect his heart and lost 25 pounds in the process. “I want to be able to see my grandchildren,” the Ex-President told the world.
- Studies reveal 59% less cancer among people who eat small amounts of meat, compared to average meat-eaters. (Imagine how much better those figures would be when compared to vegetarians.)
- Scotland has the highest rate of bowel cancer in the world and they eat 20% more meat than the English.
- The kidneys of the meat-eater must work three times harder than the kidneys of the vegetarian.
- Although meat needs to pass through the digestive tract quickly, it takes four times longer than grains or vegetables.
- During World War I, Norway and Denmark could not get meat. The death rate dropped 17% and then returned to normal when they returned to their meat diets.
- The American National Institute of Health, in a study of 50,000 vegetarians, found that they live longer, have far less heart disease, and a much lower cancer rate compared to meat-eaters.
- In England, vegetarians pay less for life insurance.
- Studies show that vegetarians are stronger, more agile, have greater endurance, and recover from fatigue faster than meat-eaters.
- A Yale University study revealed that vegetarians have nearly twice the stamina of meat-eaters.
- Cornell University announced through major newspapers in May of 1990, “Humans are natural vegetarians.” The report said: “Animal foods, in general, are not really helpful and we need to get away from eating them.” “In addition to reducing the risk of heart disease, low cholesterol also protects against colon cancer, the most common life-threatening cancer among Americans.”
- World starvation is well connected to meat-eating habits. If Americans stopped feeding grain to cattle, the excess grain could feed 500 million people (not to mention the land that could be used to grow food instead of being used for grazing cattle). When people see those programs on TV about all the starving children, they should consider that their diets are a contributing factor.
Contrary to popular beliefs, pasteurized milk, like meat, drains the body of alkaline and electrolyte minerals. Milk that has been cooked (pasteurized) takes more calcium to digest than it gives back!
Recognize meat for what it really is: The antibiotic — and pesticide — laden corpse of a tortured animal. – Ingrid Newkirk, National Director of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
- Chemistry of Food and Nutrition, by Sherman, H., Macmillan Co., NY 1952, pg. 208.
- The Science of Nutrition, Sherman, H., Columbia University Press, NY, 1943, pg. 177-198